Monday, November 19, 2012

Queen Thalía Is Back To Reclaim Her Throne


Paulina Rubio is huddled in a ball somewhere in Mexico City, crying bitter tears of sadness and frustration. The poor bitch spent all that money recording an album with RedOne, while her nemesis Thalía releases a random ballad produced by a nobody and effortlessly snatches her wig. Don't worry, Pau. You're still big in Chueca! I have to admit that Thalía isn't my favourite Mexican diva. I worshiped her English language album - particularly "I Want You", which was a reasonably big hit in Australia - but her transformation into the Mexican Celine Dion left me cold. It's funny then that I absolutely love "Manías".

Maybe I'm just in the mood for a soppy ballad but the 41-year-old's latest single has been ruling my iPod for weeks. Thalía sounds lovelier than ever, the production is classy and that chorus will have you air grabbing like a drag queen at a Whitney tribute. The video, on the other hand, is a complete mess. All we get is a glimpse of the superstar in the recording studio wearing a sweatshirt and cap. What the fuck? Even Fey can afford special effects! And those clothes. Is she a lesbian now? Whatever. "Manías" is amazing and we will all just deal with the shit visual (below). Welcome back.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thalia never really took off did she

Anonymous said...

Well, she was huge in Latin American in the 90s... I remember having 5 yo and dancing like crazy to her songs... Gosh I`m so old... and gay. But yes internationally not even fucking that old daddy she became famous... There`s only one Mariah I guess...

Mike said...

Thalia has sold 40 million+ albums in South/Latin America. I think she took off!

Anonymous said...

but paulina is the queen , sorry but thalia is beyond menopausic drama now!!!! boring same ballads at least pau tries with redone :)

Sexbox said...

Thalia lost her appeal even in Latin America as Paulina's star continued to soar. However, Paulina is more famous now for her run in with Miami police, beating up her gay assistants, her multiple drug habits, and oh yeah, her motherhood. Thalia has ironically bounced back as Mike calls it , becoming a Mexican Celine Dion. I personally think the song is shit and will take Paulina's vocodered coke induced ramblings with RedOne's recycled beats any day of the week. Sorry Thalia, this is a mess. :)