Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Christina Aguilera's Lotus - Album Review


I spent a ridiculous amount of time listening to Christina Aguilera's Lotus over the weekend, so I could let it all sink in and review it with an open mind. The usual cunts have already written it off citing the failure of "Your Body" to set the charts on fire but I don't get why everyone is so concerned about sales. It's like you all became accountants just to drag Xtina. Surely it's more important that big-lunged diva has regrouped and delivered her best album since Stripped? There's a lot to love on Lotus if you can look past the half a dozen or so songs about her army of haters. The two Max Martin/Shellback dance songs are great but Adele 2.0 really comes into her own with the power ballads. "Sing For Me" and "Blank Page" (below) are the standouts and should have wide-appeal. Hate if you must but I give Lotus:

7.5/10


5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sean said...

you definitely have a more professional tone when you write for them! Good review.

Anonymous said...

Good review. You know, I don`t really feel Sing for Me and love Circles instead...
I think the problem with this album is that Xtina lives in an alternative world where she still has the commercial power of a decade ago so she basically stayed on her living room while her single was flopping and now she will consider that singing a freaking song on The Voice will make her sell millions... I think this bitch is agoraphobic or something... Damn, she just denies to get out of her place...

Anonymous said...

I really don't like the album at all. I thought even Biotic was better then this.

Justin said...

I really like the album, it's got some shit on it but what album doesn't these days?