Thursday, November 01, 2012

Ashlee Simpson Returns To Reclaim Her Throne


It's the moment we've all been waiting for! No, not Madonna's retirement - Ashlee Simpson is back with new music! As anyone with accurate hearing can attest, Bittersweet World is one of the greatest pop albums of the past decade. I cherish every song on that underrated gem and still get angry at the way it was dismissed by lazy critics who couldn't look past the diva's surname to judge the pioneering pop tunes on their merit. Anyway, rant over. So was new single "Bat For A Heart" worth the three year wait? Not really. The song is dreadful - think Chloe Lattanzi without the class and exquisite production value - but I'm so excited about her return that I really don't give a shit. I'll still download this mess on November 21. No doubt the thinking man's Simpson will give us something worthy of her genius when "Bat For A Heart" sinks without a trace. Welcome back, Ashlee. You have been missed!

11 comments:

Bruce said...

Ashlee should be doing trashy dance pop so that Papa Joe can hear it when he's out at the clubs!

Anonymous said...

Ugh. Another "I don't do pop anymore, I'm going to do something the hipsters will dig" girl.

Ashlee really is the poor mans Solange. And that's saying something.

Mike said...

I co-sign both of these comments!

Anonymous said...

dead @ madonna retiring!

Tre said...

Am I the only person who likes it?

Matt said...

I like it too

JamesF said...

I think it sounds amazing...

Mike said...

Maybe I just need to hear the full version to be convinced of its brilliance...

Anonymous said...

Leave her alone, she's just found out that her Dad likes the peen

Anonymous said...

Bittersweet World is better than 21 and I Stan by that. Bitches can have a stadium of seats. I'm not gonna even listen to this song. I'll wait for my Ragdoll 2.0.

Mike said...

^ This person speaks the truth