Monday, March 19, 2012

Robyn Loau Takes On Kate Bush

It's been a while since we've heard from Robyn Loau but the former Girlfriend star is back with a killer cover of "Wuthering Heights". The seminal Kate Bush classic isn't the easiest song to interpret but the sultry singer does an amazing job. I'm glad Robyn is showing off her incredible pipes and I love the splashes of dub-step that drag the dramatic anthem kicking and screaming out of the '70s. A new remix of the song hits iTunes tomorrow - the original appears on the diva's criminally underrated Only Human album - and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the full audio hits YouTube. In the meantime check out a teaser below. Kate would be proud. I think.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robyn has an amazing set of pipes and have always been saddened that we have not heard more from her...but honestly this just sounds like someone ripping off another performer's talent...namely the great Kate

Jared said...

Man I've loved Robyn Loau since Sick With Love (don't try and tell me I'm the only pervert who used to secretly wank in the school showers over the hot straight student PE teacher with that song playing in my head)... But I never knew she could sing like this. Fucking amazing. I love it.

Cyril said...

Great version : i want to hear the full one

Adam Riley said...

Wow. I thought this was the weirdest song when I first heard it but after a few listens I really love it. I see it's a cover from the 70s but I was born in the 90s so it's new to me. The S:amplify version is my fave and you have to listen to it with the sound all the way up to catch all the mad sounds.