Friday, February 03, 2012

Elen Levon's Future C-Pop Classic

Poor Kyary Pamyu Pamyu and BoA. Their hopes of becoming Asia's next breakout sensation have been dashed now that Elen Levon is moving into C-Pop. A couple of weeks ago I posted pics from the 17-year-old's performance at the Gala World Music Festival in Beijing and mentioned that she belted out a new song called "Sun Burns Out" in Mandarin. Well, I finally got my hands on the audio and it's every bit as amazing as you would expect from Australia's next big thing. I have no idea what the teenager's pronunciation is like - very curious! - but it sounds great to my untrained ears. Your faves could never etc etc. Speaking of Elen, her next single "Like A Girl In Love" is about to drop any second now and I'm told "Naughty" has just been picked up for a US release in March. Phew! Anyway, brace yourself for a truly unique culture experience below.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually feel sad that this was an event broadcast to over 1 billion people and yet us Aussies never got to see any video, not on websites, not on nothing. Thanks for posting pics and audio though!

Feedlimmy said...

The production is immaculate! I hope there's an English version for the album? I love it! x

Anonymous said...

Her pronunciation is kind of bad, I think, but I didn't expect much of it. Is she really moving into C-Pop or is this a one time thing?

Mike said...

Just a one-off as far as I know!

Anonymous said...

this is very interesting...an Australian artist attacking the chinese market is a great idea...the potential is massive to say the least....the song sounds very appropriate for the market...who ever thought of this should take a bow!

Anonymous said...

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu is JAPANESE, BITCH!

Anonymous said...

Her Chinese pronunciation was terrible... The song wasn't too bad though. But Kyary is doing pretty well in Japan already, and BoA is considered a legend in Asia already...

Anonymous said...

"..... But Kyary is doing pretty well in Japan already, and BoA is considered a legend in Asia already..."

agree ^^