Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Nicole Scherzinger - Try With Me - Video Review

When did Nicole Scherzinger become so completely and utterly amazing? Her first attempt at solo stardom was all kinds of wrong but "Killer Love" is one of 2011's best pop albums and is set to get even better with a re-package due on November 14 (in the UK). The new version contains three previously unreleased tracks - "Trust Me I Lie", "Tomorrow Never Dies" and her jaw-droppingly good new single "Try With Me". Written and produced by Australia's own Nervo twins, Scherzy's new smash wipes the floor with your fave's battered wig. I love everything about this. Don't be fooled by the pretty piano intro - "Try With Me" is no ballad. Dreamy synths soon rain down over surprisingly sweet lyrics before the entire thing goes nuclear with an epic chorus. There is something so fresh and unashamedly romantic about this that sets it apart from the rest of the field. I thought Ricki-Lee's "Raining Diamonds" was everything Leona Lewis wanted "Collide" to be but "Try With Me" is even better.

Amazingly, Nicky also found time to knock out a killer video. After sitting through Britney's hideous "Criminal" earlier this afternoon, the former-Pussycat Doll proves that you don't need to be a mutton-dressed-as-lamb mess cavorting with your ugly boyfriend to make an impact. Filmed in Mexico's Xilitla forest, "Try With Me" is visually astounding. The 32-year-old stunner basically wanders around the breathtaking scenery looking gorgeous. It actually reminds me a lot of Robyn Loau's "She Devil" video, which is a big compliment. My only objection is the fake piano playing at the beginning. That brought back flashbacks of Dulta's "Out Of The Blue", which is something I could have done without. Apart from that this is just about perfect. Beautiful song, beautiful clip, beautiful woman. I take back all of the Flopzinger quips. 2011 is Nicole's year. She's finally coming into her own and making the rest of the game look mediocre by comparison.

9.5/10

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

The piano playing isn't exactly fake. Nicole is no Alicia Keys on the piano but she knows how to play chords.

Andrew said...

I like this site, but sometimes you're so pressed over the other girls its sad. Britney's Criminal video was really good.

This is an ok song. Even with X Factor I dont think she'll ever be big in the U.S.

Anonymous said...

Love this review... cuz it's just SO true!

Bruce said...

Wow, that drug that Nicole slipped into your drink at the Hard Rock Cafe really worked!

Zaneh said...

THAT LAST CHOURS IS EVERYTHING!

PURE MAGIC!

Anonymous said...

"Killer Love" is a very average album.

It's definitely not as good as you make it out to be.

Mike said...

LOL I didn't mean that Nicole can't play the piano but dragging instruments to remote location to use as props is a pet hate of mine.

And I disagree about "Killer Love". I love that album. There are only two or three songs I skip.

Me said...

FLOPzinger does it again! This is how you reinvent yourself from a DESPERATE FLOP tart into a stunning solo $ucce$$! Expect STEALyonce to copy this video for her next collection of aural turds!

Michael said...

I like Nicole but I've always found her very hit and miss. This track though I spot on, it's so pretty and the last thing I expected to hear from her given that horrible Wet single.

Anonymous said...

great song!

robbie079 said...

I do love me some Nicole but not digging this song. I was so excited to see her preform at the I heart radio concert, she came, sang one song and left. The people around us were still trying to guess who she was by the time she left the stage. :(

Anonymous said...

OMG! A lot of you ppl need to stop trashing this girl and get a life, now I will be the first to admit as much of a fan as I am of hers I am not too sweet on this song. However in Europe its this type of song that sales. Killer Love turned out to be an actual good album, I think she could have did a hell of a lot better with this album, but it turned out pretty good. The girl is a threat beauty, voice, and performance skills all in one which something unheard of from a bunch of these artists now days, my only hang-up about Nicole is that she doesn't work with the right music producers that could bring her out a hell of a lot better than what is now. If I was her I not would work with RED ONE nor Stargate again. And btw Nicole is a gifted opera vocalist as well as a good piano player!!! Youtube has a clip of her singing opera and it is just as blissful as she is I swear Nicole IS SO HARDCORE!!!!! "Don't Hold Your Breath HATERS!!!!"

Anonymous said...

It's actually nice to see someone actually give her credit, everywhere I go ppl are saying negative things about her. Even when I ask my friends about her, they'd go "she's a slut." Just don't get it at all. But anyways, can't wait for her album and all the best to her!! :)

izliyorsun said...

Thank you for the topic. Sohbet | mirc | Kelebek | camfrog | mirc | sohbet | chat | cinsel sohbet | cinsel sohbet | mynet sohbet | chat | muhabbet | mirc | mirc indir | sevgi | chat | mynet sohbet