Thursday, June 02, 2011

Mylène's latest triumph!

Poor Lady Gaga. She hires RedOne and ends up with a stinker like "Judas", while stunning 49-year-old French pop legend Mylène Farmer nabs a modern classic. "Lonely Lisa" is the third single from "Bleu Noir" and should follow the other two all the way to number one - which would make it her 8th consecutive chart topper in France and 12th in total. This bitch has snatched so many wigs she has RSI! I loved understated moodiness of Mylène's last single but "Lonely Lisa" is in a different league entirely. RedOne was obviously inspired by the diva's timeless beauty and delivers a turbo-charged pop song, as haunting as it is catchy. I can't wait for my physical copy to arrive so I can spend hours admiring Mylène's stunning outfit on the cover (above). Now that's what I call glamour. As for the video, it's another triumph. While smaller stars like Rihanna and Lady Gaga employ shock tactics for publicity, the French superstar explores the riveting topic of tanning in her clip. In sunbeds. In the desert. Oh and there's also a shimmery black camel and ballet dancers. It makes no sense whatsoever but remains utterly amazing. Only Mylène!

8 comments:

Gorka said...

I'm so glad everytime you write about Mylene; forget about RedOne produced bitches like Gaga, Nicole or Enrique: Mylene is the real thing, and she has it since longe before even RedOne was born!

Sam said...

It's so loony and I don't know whether it's all supposed to symbolise anything or if it's just there for the sake of crazy shit. I do like a bit of strawberry-munching grannies on sun-loungers, creepy old men, tanning beds in the middle of a desert and sparkly camels - it's the best of her Bleu Noir videos for sure and probably her best since Fuck Them All.

michael said...

While you are always entertaining, I've found your posts to be extra-specially entertaining and amusing lately. Thank you.

Diva Incarnate said...

Hey Mike, I always enjoy your Mylene write-ups - she's pretty much on fire with this track, and the video is worthy too.

Where is your Gina G coverage though? Check out my interview with her on my blog: http://bit.ly/mtYMYI

Alex K said...

Wow! I'd never heard of Mylene. This is an incredible track, and I usually don't like foreign-language tracks. Thanks for this!

Nicolas Romieu said...

That's good man... I'm french and i follow mylene for ages now... This Music video is a good one and the symbolism is huge... I need to reed a review for understand everything about the meening... Now i understand ans that's a real artist and she give everythings on her lyrics and video! Love her.. And love to know than there is Mylene fan in Sydney!!! I/m in Adelaide for moment but come back for the end of this year in Sydney... If you want to talk about Mylene...
Keep go on like this

Sexbox said...

You hit the nail on the head. While RedOne's productions for Lady Gaga, Nicole Schwarzenegger, Sugababes, Jennifer Lopez, etc all sound identical, his tunes for Mylene Farmer seem custom tailored for Mylene's ecclectic style. The video is fabulous too. I am sure there is some meaning behind all the imagery but as usual, Ms Farmer will keep us guessing!

Jamie B said...

What I especially love about this gem is that it perfectly juxtaposes that tragic chavvy production and Mylene's ethereal vocals so perfectly. And with the added pleasure of those spoken lyrics in the middle, it all makes for the perfect summer anthem in my book, even though I have been playing it loudly around town like a gay boy racer for months. Perfection.