Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Beyoncé - Best Thing I Never Had

Damn, Bey. You've done it again! The official second single from "4" hit the internet this afternoon and it's a triumphant return to form. I love "Run The World (Girls)" - for so many different reasons - but it's kind of hard to identify with. Unless you're a pantsula practising glamazon from the hood with a fetish for Major Lazer beats. "Best Thing I Never Had", on the other hand, strikes an immediate chord with anyone who has ever been fucked over by someone they love. It's a bitter Dear John letter set to music. Beyoncé lets her man know exactly how bad he screwed up before declaring that he was just a loser and she's better off without him. Preach!

I love the lyrics ("thank god you blew it, thank god I dodged a bullet") and her vocal oozes raw emotion. I wonder if Bey wrote it - after all she was recently named one of the 20 most successful songwriters of the new millennium! It will be interesting to see how "Best Thing I Never Had" is received. I think it's her most commercial single since "Sweet Dreams" but she has a hit-and-miss track record with ballads. Hopefully radio play it after completely ignoring the genre-defining flawlessness of "Run The World (Girls)". If all else fails she can get Miss Kelly on the remix to add a bit of star power. Listen to Bey's new single below. I can't wait for the song to hit iTunes so I can play it on repeat and feel completely miserable!

9 comments:

Marcus said...

This song is pretty good & great for radio, which should be good for her. But personally I'm still in love with End of Time.

tommie said...

How predictable.

Boreyoncé. Ms Kelly is truly slaying her!

Anonymous said...

BTINH > EOT > 1+1 > RTW

Me said...

Another plodder from the egotistical bint...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz........

The thunder thighed FLOP is such a tedious bore!

Anonymous said...

SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!

beyonceswig said...

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

Mike said...

I love that my blog keeps the Bey haters pressed!

And for the record, I rate the 4 songs from 4 as follows:

1. 1+1
2. Best Thing
3. Run The World (Girls)
4. End Of Time

And all 4 slay your faves. Except for Kelly Rowland. Next!

Sexbox said...

For once in her career, Beyonce really should have taken some notes from her contemporaries and stopped this superiority complex her immense success has caused. The problem with Beyondshit is that she believes her own hype. Yes, she has recorded some catchy songs in the past that even I am ashamed to admit that I liked but she is treading water now. It's a sad state of affairs when Ms. Kelly, the Destiny's Stepchild, has the bigger balls right now to explore new gneres.

Stephen said...

Download YouTube videos with Leawo YouTube Downloader for Mac - http://www.leawo.com/youtube-downloader-mac/

Download Beyoncé - Best Thing I Never Had Music Video from YouTube - http://flash-video-player.blogspot.com/2011/07/download-beyonce-best-thing-i-never-had.html