Saturday, May 21, 2011

Run The World - Remixed

The first batch of "Run The World (Girls)" remixes has landed and, as usual, Beyoncé delivers the goods. I have to admit I was concerned. Surely the ultimate remix of Bey's #12 Australian smash would be an instrumental of "Pon De Floor"? Well, team Knowles had a different idea and decided to gay this mother up! Dave Audé's mix is a typically crisp, mainroom floorfiller, while Jump Smokers remove most of the lyrics to give the track a harder edge. Their hot mix is the pick of the bunch but I like them all. Perhaps the most amusing is the Jochen Simms remix. It turns B's hood anthem into a future Oxford Street video jukebox classic and I say that with love and affection. I love how it tries to stay true to the original before giving up and catering to the gays. Hearing "I'm so hood wit dis" over trance synths makes my life. I worship it and can't wait for the full extended mix. You know it's only a matter of time until you see an army of shirtless gays doing the Pantsula to this!

4 comments:

Diva Incarnate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt said...

at least it sounds like an actual song now

Anonymous said...

I like!

axel_bogay said...

I'm a bit late to the party on this but whatever...

The Jochen Simms remix is fucking hysterical. I love it!

I am going to blast this all the way back from the Gold Coast. Pity whom be seated next to me. They're going to love or hate it by the end of the trip.