Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Horsey has another Australian hit!

A couple of days ago I wrote a random post about Natasha Bedingfield's flop album being re-released in Europe. Little did I know the equine beauty was also planning an Australian chart comeback courtesy of a duet with Canadian punk/pop rockers Simple Plan! "Jet Lag" debuted at number 37 on this week's ARIA chart and should climb even higher given its top 20 placing on iTunes. I used to hate the little horse that could but "Strip Me" was a hot mess (in a good way) and I like her latest desperate attempt to remain relevant.

It doesn't hurt that I've always had a soft spot for Simple Plan. I know those fools are only one rung above Busted on the boyband scale of awfulness but they have released some catchy songs over the years. And this is a good example. Natasha and Pierre trade forlorn verses before coming together for a perky chorus that gets lodged in your head after a few listens. "Jet Lag" sounds very early noughties to me but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Interestingly, the song was also recorded with Canadian pop diva Marie-Mai. That version is cute too but I'm on team Horsey! Who knows. If this takes off, Natasha might finally get around to releasing "Strip Me" in Australia - it didn't even get the chance to flop here! Check out her latest smash below.


Jordan said...

Bitch please!
Natasha needs to sit her ass down, because our own Vanessa Amorosi did it earlier and better when she dueted with alt-rock band Hoobastank on "The Letter"!

Mike said...

LMAO this is true. Ness Ness did everything first.