Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The John Lennon Of Girls Aloud

My whole world has been turned upside down. One day you're happily bitching about Girls Aloud to anyone who will listen, the next you're forced to admit that you actually quite like Nadine Coyle's new solo single. I feel like a vegetarian that's been force fed KFC only to realise the error of their ways and go back for a second bucket! That might be a slight exaggeration. I still think Girls Aloud is the worst girlband in the history of music but if I have to warm to any of the five talent free zones - I'm glad it's Nadine. Sure, she's the useless one that just stands there and looks pretty but in comparison to the rest, she's the second coming of Kylie. Or at least Gina G. "Insatiable" didn't really grab me the first time I heard it but the Guy Chambers penned anthem is a grower. I love the brass and sexy chorus. It kind of reminds me of Alannah Myles circa 1989 - which is a compliment! However, as much as I like the original, the WAWA remix lifts the track from good to downright fucking amazing. The always reliable Polish duo transform "Insatiable" into dancefloor gold. If Nadine isn't as dumb as she looks, she will promote the fuck out of this. The WAWA mix (below) makes her sound like the real deal. Unlike local star Cheryl Cole, the mortal Coyle could actually have an international hit on her hands. It works in her favour that Girls Aloud can't give their music away outside the UK. She can start afresh without being pre-judged by their horrible legacy. And even if this bombs, Nadine can take heart from the face that "Insatiable" is a million times better than the aural abortion known as "Promise This"!

10 comments:

tommie said...

Thank doG I'm not the Slags'R'Foul hater feeling this!

Hopefully they never make another album together because Nadine is better without those talentless slags.

tommie said...

In even better news - Dannii beats Cheryl to death in sales:

In the battle between The X Factor judges, Dannii Minogue has taken the lead. Sales of her My Story (Simon & Schuster) were up 36% week-on-week, to 13,514 copies sold, whereas sales of Cheryl Cole's Through My Eyes (Bantam Press) fell by 7% week-on-week, to 10,058.
http://www.thebookseller.com/news/130971-page.html

$ucce$$!

The Prophet said...

Girls Aloud are incredible, and even though they aren't that talented (except Nadine and maybe one other) they have way better music and attitude than most other girl groups who may be more vocally talented.

Anyway, I'm glad you've pushed your bias aside and embraced Nadine! She is definitely the one of the group and "Insatiable" is a fantastic song. "Promise This" is a hot mess, and even though I love Cheryl as a performer and a personality, she only has a VERY small handful of good songs -- the rest is utter shit. Nadine definitely snatched her wig.

I prefer the original Insatiable to the WaWa remix but the mix is still pretty fierce and would be good at the club.

Anonymous said...

Boy, you crazy.

Parker said...

I know you haven't heard Girls Aloud but Mike, this:
"Sure, she's the useless one that just stands there and looks pretty"

Is soooooooo wrong. In fact Girls Aloud are mainly Nadine singing 65% of the vocals, Cheryl delivering autotune in 30% and the 5% remaining for the other two.

Matt said...

hot remix!

Mike said...

Dannii's $ucce$$ knows no bounds!

David, I'm not talking about Nadine's voice. I think they're all shit. I meant useless because she fades into the background among all those other sad publicity whores. It's what makes her slightly less painful.

And for the people who contacted me on email. This is an official remix on the digital promo sent out from the record company.

D'luv said...

Doll....oh, doll. No.

Anonymous said...

'the mortal coyle' lmfao!!

Anonymous said...

lol its ok but not all that