Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Holiday With Ness Ness

In June I wrote a semi-scathing post about "Holiday" being selected as the fourth single from "Hazardous". I didn't hate it, I was just annoyed (and still am to a certain extent) that surefire hits like "Blow Me Away" and "Touch Me" were overlooked in favour of a novelty song. So much for promoting Vanessa as a serious artist! Anyway, since then my position has softened. I'm still slightly bitter - my love for Ness Ness runs deep - but I have to admit that hearing "Holiday" on the radio in the middle of winter is a guilty pleasure. And I'm still waiting on my invitation to join the pop icon somewhere glamorous (Taree?) for some much needed R&R. The song is yet to catch fire on iTunes but it has jumped to #36 on the airplay chart, so it could go either way with this one. Fingers crossed it's a hit because I want a fifth single. Hopefully, the video will give "Holiday" a bit of a push. Fans have been brutal but I quite like it. Sure, it probably cost less than Vanessa's nose job and the low budget special effects don't always work but I like the graphics and think she looks gorgeous. At least it's not as tragic as her "This Is Who I Am" video! Check it out (below) and get downloading.

5 comments:

Matt said...

the video is hideous!!

Me said...

The album is out in the UK! Has the silly bitch even tried to promote it by say releasing a single? The only thing she seems to ahve done is be a SUPPORT ACT for international FLOP and general hasbeen Macy Gray at GAY and get a 2 line blurb in the Sun claiming that down under she is as big as Kylie...

Mike said...

Stunning promo!!

"This Is Who I Am" was promoted to clubs and radio. I'm not sure if it was officially released. I also know they re-shot the video. No ide if it has seen the light of day yet.

michael said...

Speaking of cheap videos, curious to hear what you think of the new Alphabeat single Heat Wave.

D'luv said...

Doll, honestly....