Sunday, August 29, 2010

Get Outta My Way - Teaser Video

Sorry for the lack of updates over the past few days but I've been MIA due to a tidal wave of personal dramas. I promise to pull my proverbial finger out this week with a review of Katy Perry's (amazing) album, a Ness Ness post and my long overdue recap of Luciana's recent Australian tour. However, I thought I'd kick things off with a Minogue double dose. Every gay with a blog has already posted the teaser clip of "Get Outta My Way" but here are my two cents. After the nude orgy extravaganza that was "All The Lovers", Kylie has clearly opted for what I like to call the 'pretty lights' option for single number two. Kelly Rowland's "Work" or the pre-historic Minogue's own "In Your Eyes" video are good examples of this genre. It's very effective when done well and Kylie seems to have got it just right. I love the simplicity of the lighting and the costumes look great. The whole lying on the floor dance routine is very reminiscent of "Slow" but if you're going to rip anyone off it might as well be yourself. At first I was concerned that her hair looked a bit 80s perm in a scrunchie (hence why she's hanging her head in shame) but I'm giving Kylie the benefit of the doubt! Fingers crossed this kick starts the campaign. "Get Outta My Way" is such a strong single. I'm actually surprised it's still languishing outside the top 100 on iTunes and not taking off on radio. Wake up Australia, this is Kylie's catchiest anthem since "What Do I Have To Do"!

5 comments:

tommie said...

She's just over. I'm enjoying Hermaphrodite, but it's just so obvious that it would've sold millions by now if released by the Relevant Minogue!

Me said...

IYE meets Slow meets Wow with a smattering of PTNOI - with CHAIRS! How exciting.............

She needs to listen to the opening lyrics of this shitefest and APPLY them to HERSELF. Try something knew cos your getting BORING, oh so BORING and I can't recognize the ZOMBIE she's turned into.


Oh yes I can, its a poor imitation of Ratshit STDvens who amde a "career" out of being a talentless trollop who mimed over Minogue rejects and ripped off Kylie hits for her videos.

Hurry up and move on to album 12 PLEASE.......................

John said...

It looks like a cool video...the PR folks know what they're doing by tying in the America's Got Talent with the leak. Everyone's talking about "the chairs". Any publicity is good publicity, right?

Jump! said...

As much as I love Kylie I must admit I'm bored with this campaign. I think I'm the only gay out there who thinks this video looks cheap, that the styling makes her look old and the song itself while fun is ultimately forgettable.

The America's got talent performance was terrible, particularly when the two dancers pick her up in the chair and they have an extreme gay face close up on kylie and the 2 dudes.

I could be proven wrong when the whole video premieres/leaks but for now I'm unimpressed.

And why are there no b-sides? She has a billion songs just laying around getting leaked and she can't bother to stick a few on the single? WTH?

Aaron said...

Hope all is OK :D

Pretty Lights? I might just borrow that :P - You've hit the nail on the head, and this just looks amazing, and I realy can't wait to give this one a look in...Looks brilliant!