Monday, August 09, 2010

Get Outta My Way - Remixes

I know I'm a bit late with this one but I couldn't resist the urge to give my two cents on Kylie's new single cover and glorious "Get Outta My Way" remix sampler. And it's been at least 3 days since my last Minogue post, so I'm due for an update! The cover doesn't exactly blow me away - it looks a bit Photoshop-tastic and the cheap bitch really needs to consult her cutting edge fashionista sister about finding a new outfit - but she looks stunning and twice the Kylie can never be a bad thing. As for the remixes, so far so amazing. My favourite mix comes from Kris Menace, who transforms the song into the perfect soundtrack for an Ibiza sunset. I can almost smell the sweat and Sangria! A close second is Sidney Samson's crazy interpretation. Most of you will probably hate it but this might actually get played in Australian nightclubs (outside of Oxford St). There is, however, a glaring omission from the sampler - the trashtastic Bimbo Jones mix. I hope the track's absence doesn't mean that Parlophone decided to give it the flick. The remix is a hot mess of epic proportions but Kylie needs something low brow to keep the gays happy. "Get Outta My Way" is tentatively scheduled for release on the 27th of September. Fingers crossed it follows "All The Lovers" into the bottom reaches of the top 15. Jokes! I sense a smash. Now all we need is a fabulous video - preferably with more random white stallions and floating balloon animals. Check out MMB's remix sampler below. Well done, Mark!

10 comments:

The Prophet said...

MY fave is the Beatcu remix or whatever its called.

Do you like that one? I posted it on the prophet and my readers hated on it!

Copito said...

That's because Kris Menace is nearly God <3

undisco_me said...

Guetta Outta My Way has became one of my favourites from 2010 - who knew a pop star who sings like she's getting double penetration via triangular nostrils could make me so happy?

Please write your thoughts on Cos You're Beautiful. I don't know if I have it in me to listen to that song again. I'm sure it was just to pad out her Project Big Black D show though...

Aaron said...

AARGH - CAN NOT WAIT for these remixes :D - Amazing track, hopefully for an amazing video - Great cover...Bring it on!

Me said...

Bitch should give the track to Luciana to inject it with some much needed sass and attitude.

I still have your ASDA LINY CD

Anonymous said...

7th Heaven??

Mike said...

Jay - welcome to the Luciana fan club! LOL

Is the 7th Heaven mix official? It's trash too but I prefer Bimbo Jones.

Tyler said...

Holy crap, I downloaded the whole remixes package, and not only does it have two Bimbo mixes, but most if not all of it alternates between being genuinely great and being trashtastically great. This was a great call.

She'll nearly be Dannii's peer with this.

-JLO. said...

Most of Kylie's music is instantly fabulous.

But, THIS SONG, is the 8th wonder of the world.
If that's even the correct number.
:D

and the best thing is,
no one in a 100-mile radius of me has even listened to Kylie since "Can't Get You Out Of My Head."

daniel said...

I like the Paul Harris and Beautaucue mixes, but I would've preferred a bside or 3 and not 2 cd singles full of remixes...