Sunday, June 20, 2010

Vanessa Amorosi's Next Single...

Is "Holiday". At least according to the member of her management team I spoke to. Seriously, why does Ness Ness do this to me? Just when the "Hazardous" campaign appeared to be back on track thanks to the top 5 hit "Mr Mysterious", Australia's sexiest woman chooses this dud as her 4th single. Ok, that's unfair. I actually love "Holiday" and - strangely enough - have been listening to it quite a lot lately as I prepare to blow this town for a bit of fun in the sun. But there are so many better options, one in particular comes to mind. "Blow Me Away" is a smash in waiting. If that's not a top ten hit then I'll re-enact "All The Lovers" with the grannies at my local retirement village. I guess they could be keeping that ace up their sleeve for a killer 5th or 6th single (after all, we live in a "Sasha Fierce" era where you basically keep on releasing shit until it's time for another album) but why not go with the super sexy masturbation anthem "Touch Me" or that catchy jam about fucking a junkie? Even if her label wants to play it safe, there's the lovely "Higher Ground". Australia loves a Vanessa ballad! Oh well, it's not too late to change their mind and the possibilities for the video are endless. I have visions of Ness Ness sipping cocktails poolside in Noosa, wearing a nice kaftan and her best pair of Billabong thongs. Hot! Interestingly, the diva's international campaign is finally getting underway. Her Street Team lists "This Is Who I Am" as the album's first official UK single ("Off On My Kiss" was released as an iTunes taster in May) but I hear they might push "Mr Mysterious" instead. Someone needs to make a decision because the damn thing is released on the 12th of July. Not that it matters. As far as I'm concerned, international domination is a forgone conclusion! Anyway - here's "Holiday". Ok, I'm already warming to the idea....

11 comments:

Andrew said...

I took a listen to Holiday, Blow me Away and Touch Me...not impressed. Touch Me prolly the best, but that's not saying much.

Calen said...

I actually liked this, lol. She could do worse.

Anonymous said...

When did Vanessa become a Trash icon?

Mike said...

Vanessa has been a trash icon since releasing her 2001 #80 urban smash "Spin (Everybody's Doin' It)"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvhAFEVdPNU

On second thoughts, maybe she should just release that masterpiece instead of "Holiday"!

Anonymous said...

Vanessa has always had 'if only they'd released' moments for the entire duration of her career.

Not so much from her debut album 'the power' - maybe pray for love or I wanna be.
But from 'turn to me' it was "if only they'd released turning up the heat".
From her German album change it was "if only they'd released Follow Me"
From Somewhere In The Real World it was "if only they'd released a song that sounds like 19 Turning Point but has lyrics the masses can relate to"
And now from Hazardous it's "If only they'd released Sleep With That or Blow Me Away".

Why sleep with that and blow me were buried so far down in the album if crazy, it seems her label had decided on all singles when putting the album together initially.
It's a shame because at her live gigs the audience definately screamed for Sleep With That most out of her non-single perfomances.

Craig said...

I like holiday.....

Mike said...

Anon - I love "Follow Me"! Change was actually a good album apart from the HIDEOUS cover.

And I don't hate "Holiday". I just think it's a wasted opportunity because there are so many better tracks on the album.

Anonymous said...

"But from 'turn to me' it was "if only they'd released turning up the heat"....

That was meant to be 'Take Me As I Am"

Anonymous said...

It really saddens me to watch them constantly choose the wrong singles. Let's face it, at least 50% of the times the real hits were left behind throughout her career. Change was a FANTASTIC album, except it never made it anywhere cos the biggest hits on it such as Follow Me, Turning Up The Heat or Bitter Twist, were never noticed by anyone. Now even with new management the story still repeats itself. Yes they kicked ass with Perfect, This Is Who I Am or Mr Mysterious but at the same time they made some silly choices such as Something Emotional or Holiday. They are great songs but they are not single type songs. I'm sure we can all relate to wanting a holiday right here and right now but just the lyrics won't necessarily make a hit out of a song. I agree with one of the above posts, Sleep With That made the public go crazy at her gigs, as soon as it was announced as the next number the fans went NUTS!! Why not use that as an indicator for the right single track. Or why not seek opinion from her fans on a large scale? This girl is ridiculously talented and recorded some fantastic hits, when is someone finally gonna guide her in the right direction??

Anonymous said...

Holiday is amazing i love it to bits and the video i can imagine is going to be on a whole other level! cant wait for it to be released ITS GOING TO BE A HIT!

Anonymous said...

VANESSA LOVE YOU !! she can make anything work and this definitely will.WORK IT GURRRRRRLLLL