Wednesday, May 05, 2010

#39

I'm a bit late with this but I'd like to congratulate Chris Sorbello on scoring her first top 40 hit. "So Lonely" debuted at a very respectable #39 on Sunday night. Her stunning anthem also landed at #5 on the Australian Chart and #12 on the Dance Chart. That's a Dannii-sized smash in my book! Not one to rest on her laurels, Chris is already gearing up for the release of her second single. She's going with "Dangerzone", which I'm told will be given a radical production overhaul. An epic video is already in the works and I'll do my best to visit gatecrash the shoot again. Oh and I believe Australia's latest pop sensation is in talks with not one but two urban superstars to appear on her debut album. If that doesn't pan out, I'm sure Choice would do it for free!

10 comments:

The Prophet said...

I don't listen to dance, pop or urban anymore so Chris really isn't my thing, nor are her gangsta collaborations.

I'm more of the Fiona Apple crowd now after buying Extraordinary Machine at Myer on the weekend for 5 dollars in the bargain bin.

Ro Ro said...

How exciting! i knew that song was gonna be huge. i'm so proud of her and can't wait for her to release more fab dance pop.

Paul said...

excellent :) She must be thrilled :P (That sounds sarcastic, it's not meant to be!)

Jump! said...

I will be blasting "So lonely" as i drive the 285 here in Atlanta today in honor of MS Sorbello's achievement!

Me said...

Congratulations Chris on a well deserved Top 39 smash!

Now get it remixed by Cascada and sign to AATW - they are bound to have a spare 27p a year left over since pretending HolliDannii isn't on the books after the FLOP of (Jupiter) Touch My Moist Twat

John said...

Very exciting. Is it in sales, airplay, or a combo of both?

Mike said...

LOL - signing with AATW would be amazing! She could duet with K Lo on a stunning cover of Sabrina's "Boys".

John - the Australian charts only take physical and digital sales into account. Airplay doesn't count.

The Prophet said...

I hate K-Lo!

I wish Chris would work with Khia.

tommie said...

Doesn't songs usually climb on the Aria charts? Is it anywhere on iToonzzz?

Mike said...

It's nowhere on iTunes. There was a bit of a fuck up with GetMusic - kind of like Universal Music's own personal iTunes - and the sales were delayed for a couple of weeks. So the song lost momentum. I think this will be its peak.

Not that it matters, top 40 is great and I prefer the 2nd single so fingers crossed!