Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Touched By The Hand Of Amigod!

Japanese pop icon Ami Suzuki rocked the Gold Coast to its very foundations on Sunday night without even picking up a microphone. At first I was slightly disappointed that I'd flown from Sydney to listen her holiness play a bunch of CDs but just being in her presence was enough to turn the evening into a semi-religious experience. That and the fact that she accidentally spilled some water on my head. Yes, bitches - I've been baptised by Amigod! Apart from that life changing moment, the highlight of the evening was undoubtedly hearing Ami play a fabulous mash of "Free Free" and "Can't Get You Out Of My Head". I wish she played more of her own music but at least she picked the two best songs from her vast catalogue of hits. Other tracks spun by the pop legend include "Just Dance", "Sexy Bitch" and "Boom Boom Pow". Ami is so cutting edge! There isn't actually that much I can write about a DJ set, so I thought I'd let the pictures do the talking.

While lesser stars play at common venues like Acer Arena and the Entertainment Centre, Ami prefers to keep it real by rocking Bedroom Nightclub. Conveniently located near Condom Kingdom and a kebab store.

Ami-mania even spread to the urinal. Pissing in public has never been more glamorous!

The divine diva looked absolutely stunning in her floral dress. Love the sequined headphones.

Ami was the picture of concentration...

But eventually let loose and drove the crowd into a frenzy with her amazing tunes.

She changed her own CDs and everything!

"How did it come to this?"

In all seriousness, I think more pop stars should do DJ sets. Just think how much more enjoyable an Annie or Little Boots concert would be if you didn't have to hear them sing. Ami is such a trendsetter! As much as I'd love to see Lady Suzuki perform live, it was enough just to be in the same room as her. She's doing another show in Brisbane on Thursday, so head along to catch a glimpse of Japan's true Queen of pop. You might even run into these lovely girls!

11 comments:

tommie said...

Annie's already a professional DJ Mike!

Were you the only non-Asian in the room? LOL.

Me said...

The toilet promo is THE most fabulous thing ever!

Did you do a Gwen Steffanny and kidnap some Harajuku girls, lock them in your basement, give them silly names and make them model your fashion range that is basically bedazzling some target jeans and selling them for a 30,000% mark up?

Magical Froggy said...

To baptised by one of your icons must have been an incredible experience! Where did you fly to? Melbourne?

LuverOfL♥v said...

Baptised by Amigod!!! JEALOUS!!!

I knew I was going to love this, but hate that she didn't perform... :-(

I'm glad you took pics...

Praise AMIGOD!!...

Mike said...

Tommie - I think so!

Jay - I knew you'd love the toilet promo. Ami is so forward thinking when it comes to promotion.

MF - I flew to the Gold Coast. It's just on the border of NSW and Queensland. Such a glamorous destination...

LuverOfLuv - A lot more Ami pics on Facebook. Add me.

The Prophet said...

Lmao @ "Cutting edge" hahaha.

I can't believe you flew specifically to the Gold Coast to watch her play a few radio records that were hot like last year!

Craig said...

LMAO ur too funny!

Paul said...

I love that in one of the pictures there is a guy in the bbackground who finds it more interesting to read the label of his waterbottle!! HIS WATER BOTTLE!

Cyber said...

I'm sorry I jinxed it in my text! Did she atleast scream out any stage banter like "ARE YOU LEADY?!?!"

Mike said...

I would fly anywhere to bask in the glory of Amigod!

And no, she didn't say anything apart from singing along loudly to "Sexy Bitch" but she did smile, wave and drop water on my head.

Scott said...

Mike, I don't know what has happened to you, but over the last few months you have just gotten funnier and funnier. Love it!