Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Return Of Soraya

Soraya is back! About a month ago I mentioned that Spain's Queen of pop had somehow found the time to collaborate with French DJ Antoine Clamaran on a new song despite her hectic schedule of nude photoshoots and Mónica Naranjo tribute shows. Well, Soy Soy's stunning anthem has finally hit the net and it's even more amazing than I expected! "Live Your Dreams" is a brilliant burst of Hi-NRG pop that cements the diva's status as Europe's greatest talent. Of all time. I have to admit that I usually prefer to hear Soraya sing in Spanish but her English has improved beyond recognition since 2007's "Dolce Vita". She sounds fabulous and Antoine's uplifting beats provide the perfect backdrop for her impressive pipes. My only gripe is the cover. Why is the toast of Extremadura posing like a crazy woman? And what the fuck is she wearing? Seriously, even Kate Ryan would draw the line at this shit! Oh well, you can't have everything. Unfortunately, there is no video as yet and knowing Soraya - there probably won't be one, so check out the song below. I predict that "Live Your Dreams" is going to be massive (in Gran Canaria)!

10 comments:

bomitoni said...

I friggin' love this broad! Her last album was fabulous!!!! I agree her English has greatly improved. The song is fagtastic too!

Hidroboy said...

The great thing about the cover is that she's acting like "OMG! I'm working with Antoine Clamaran" and he's only looking at himself like saying "Who the fuck is this crazy woman?"

Hidroboy said...

By the way, what does she say in the verse? I get lost after the "you can love, you can fly, don't you know..." bla bla bla

Mike said...

Joe - How amazing was "Sin Miedo"? Such a brilliant album. I'm convinced it could have actually been a hit if she didn't release such shit singles!

Hidroboy - LOL! I know. I hate to think how many cocks she had to suck to get this opportunity. That part of the chorus is really difficult to understand, I actually think Soraya had a dick in her mouth when she was recording it, but I believe she says "you can love, you can fly, don't you know it's now or never". However, it could also be "don't you know my love's forever". I'm honestly not sure!

Robpop said...

Loving Edurne at the moment. Her album is amazing.

Just got back from Madrid/Chueca tonight actually.

This is an amazing break for soraya and has given her the boost she needed. Shes got an album off the back of this on the proviso that this does well.

tommie said...

I just think two of your favourite things got together:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dfRXcf1xa4

Mike said...

Exciting that Soy Soy might get another album. Spanish bitches better buy this song or else!

And Tommie - thanks for making me vomit in my mouth. DISGUSTING.

tommie said...

Mike - you don't like "I Like That" and Dannii anymore? :-(

Mike said...

I don't like Dulta's vile husband or Kyle Sandilands! YUCK! Even Luciana & Dannii can't save that shit!

Me said...

Beyond Fabulous! Though it looks like a five year old designed that cover - and they should just have featured the Spanish beauty without that ugly aged twink...

and McFatten is VILE to teh extreme! I can't believe Dannii is risking being within a 100 foot radius of the pie eating DULLta lover that makes Ke$ha look like she showers 10 times a day - who knows what nasties is carrying...