Monday, February 08, 2010

La Toya Covers Whitney - Live In Poland!

I don't know how we all survived before Youtube. One minute you're aimlessly trawling through old Taka Boom videos, the next you stumble across a freshly uploaded clip of the Pope of Pop belting out "I Just Wanna Dance With Somebody" in 1993. Needless to say, Toy Toy's stunning performance is a sight to behold. Anyone lucky enough to own a copy of "Live At Balleys" knows the unparalleled brilliance of a La Toya concert and she really brought her A game to Poland. Believe me, the former Eastern Block was well and truly rocked by our Queen's electric dance moves and magnetic stage presence - not to mention the high budget production values (ie. a smoke machine) and a costume which redefines the very essence of glamour! The highlight for me is Toy's hilarious disclaimer at the beginning that she doesn't require audience participation, closely followed by her orgasmic squeals. The thinking man's Jackson really does have the voice of an angel using a vibrator. I don't think it's a coincidence that Whitney went off the rails in early 90s. She clearly caught wind of this performance and knew that La Toya had her beat in the beauty and talent stakes. It's not easy living in Toy's shadow - just ask Janet!

11 comments:

Magical Froggy said...

This concert is probably the only thing in the world that can be me feel sorry that I wasn't born Polish. :( This must have been a joy to behold.

Paul said...

I bet you creamed yourself when you happened upon this :) It's like (for me) finding a lost debbie gibson treasure :P

undisco_me said...

Kylie's been ripping off Toya's stage-squeeling for years, and Jackson's wig makes her look as if she's giving an afgan hound a piggy back.

I loved her apologies at the start...

Jamie_movietrip said...

Oh my god!!! - I've had an MP3 of this epic for many a year, but seeing her majesty, Queen Toy Toy perform this gem live is just orgasmic. I love her flares and the white headband compliments her snowy complexion perfectly. All I can say is WHITNEY WHO?

AOTG said...

Beyond Fabulous! The Duchess Of Dance shows the crack loving vibrator addict how to throw it down!

Mr. Will-W. said...

omg. u are the best! michael would be proud.

tommie said...

La Toya rocked 'em all!

D'luv said...

Glad to see this blog has gone straight to the Toy-let once again.

Her voice is a magical instrument. So much soul. So much choking on 10" cock.

Bruce said...

Get up if you want to!

BRILLIANT POST!

You guys are wonderful!

Mike said...

Bruce, you have to send me your email so I can add you to my Toy Toy mailing list.

PS. I love that The Universal Love of La Toya now has a Twitter!

John said...

"This one goes like this." Yeah...that sounds about right. Her audience chatter is brilliant, and should have gotten her some serious awards. And then she had to sing. Oh well.