Wednesday, July 29, 2009

STOP PRESS: More Stunning Toy News!

Somebody pass me a Valium! The Church of La Toya has just rocked my world with this report:

"La Toya recorded her first music video in over 20 years on Sunday. The clip was directed by Eric Bute and director of photography was Hollywood veteran Reed Smoot. La Toya had three costume changes for the video, all of which were completely white ensembles, keeping with the theme of the single cover. It was shot at the Golden Oak Ranch in Santa Clarita, California, which is owned by The Walt Disney Company and frequently used for film production."

I just know Toy Toy is gonna bring her "A" game to this clip! I'm expecting a variety of crazy hats, stunning costume changes and at least one incredibly tasteful cameo by Michael Jackson's ghost. Given the ranch setting, I'm also hoping to see Toy take a roll in the hay and flash her big back door to a group of lustful cowboys. If the prospect of a new video from the Duchess of Dance isn't enough to give you a screaming toygasm, check out this little tidbit:

"We're also excited for an upcoming project we're working on with a UK record label. We'll have an album full of unreleased and rare La Toya material coming your way soon!"

By unreleased and rare, I think they mean the widely available "Startin' Over" with a few new tracks the Pope of Pop recorded recently including the much talked about but never heard "Love". Not that I'm complaining. I don't care if they re-release "Bad Girl" for the 147th time - anything would be an unexpected and gratefully received treat! Oh and for those of you that didn't believe, roll up your sleeves because The Church has also revealed that "Home" is now Toy's most downloaded song ever. I don't know if I can handle all this stunning $ucce$$!

While we wait for Toy's "Home" video to debut, let's wander down memory lane to 1984 when La Toya released her first and, in my opinion, best video. "Heart Don't Lie" is a much loved camp classic and remains Toy Toy's biggest US hit reaching a lofty #56 on the Billboard chart. I'm sure the video played a large part in the song's success. Only our Goddess could get away with playing a school girl despite pushing 30 and bring in a team of dancing mime artists!


14 comments:

Ro Ro said...

What orgasmic news!! finally new toy!! i bought the single, To my amazement us itunes actually had it! I really love the toy toy updates. It keeps me informed. Thankies mikey baby.

Jamie_movietrip said...

Excellent update Mike, I had no idea about the Home music video! I can tell you that the new compilation will include unreleased material from 1987-1991, as well as singles and fan favourites. There are also some new remixes in the works. Check out the Church forum for more info.

tommie said...

Stunning! First Toy gets a perfect score on the completely unbiased pop panel and now this! Janfat must be fuming!

John said...

When do the Four Horsemen show up?

Mike said...

Jamie - So it's a compilation of singles and remixes from La Toya 88, Bad Girl and No Relation? I really don't care. I'll buy it anyway!

John - Open your heart to Toy. Only she can set you free!

Jay said...

Beyond Fabulous!

Chicago_Sexbox said...

I'm having a Toygasm as I write.

Don't touch it baby....don't you dare touch it!

Jamie_movietrip said...

Yes Mike, it is! But it will also have unreleased songs and brand new 2009 remixes!!!! Not to mention a booklet with unseen pictures and some notes by me.

mattykoo said...

The new CD I'm working on includes unreleased stuff recorded for the "La Toya" and "No Relations" albums and possibly some of her BCM recordings (from the same sessions as "Why Don't You Want My Love").

It will also include some singles (in the proper promo/single edit form) and new 2009/10 mixes from top DJs!

Mike said...

Thanks for the clarification, Jamie & Matty! It sounds fabulous. I can't wait to hear the unreleased tracks. I just hope we finally get to hear the sure to be legendary "Men Be Illin'"!

johnny_d said...

I am having multiple toygasms!

If there is gonna be compilations, albums of unreleased tracks and new mixes, La Toya better give Dannii Minogue's people a call! They certainly know how to turn soup into a main meal!

Can't wait for the new remixes, I hope people are calling the Soulseekerz!

Christian1947 said...

Amazing article, as usual. I believe that "Home" is a way for La Toya to deal with her grief. I just hope that the music video will be tasteful and not overly sexual and provocative like some of her previous videos. :-( But La Toya seems to like surprises, maybe it will be good. And I really like the song, reminds me of some ballads I used to listen to when I was younger. :-)

undisco_me said...

I'd love to dance to La Toya in a club so I agree with the Soulseekers wishing.

Joking aside, I think the song is quite dignified and the family seem to be very close siblings-wise so let's hope the follow-up is a full on sleaze-fest even Kelly Llorenna would find tasteless.

Toy-Vomit said...

Bleugh! I just Toy-vomited!

What a miserable cunt! And she totally ripped-off her own brother's song (Man In The Mirror).

Is it possible to sink any lower than Toy Toy?

Mike, I have totally lost what little respect I had for you. Tsk!