Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Tragifabulous Return Of Cascada

After years of releasing mechanical cover versions and soulless trance anthems, Cascada has finally decided to switch things up by ripping off Lady GaGa. The lead single from the German dance outfit's third album dropped this week and it's a virtual line by line re-make of "Just Dance" - down to the rap interlude! I'm usually pretty brutal about Cascada but "Evacuate The Dancefloor" (the puns I could make!) is a step in the right direction. Sure, it's a woeful exercise in plagiarism but at least they're paying homage to a great song. I think the staccato electro beats suit Natalie's robotic vocals surprisingly well and the rap isn't as unfortunate as it could have been. Admittedly, the production is more Berman Brothers than Red One but they deserve some points for trying! Put on your Poker Face and check out the video (below). "Evacuate The Dancefloor" is a true guilty pleasure.

10 comments:

tommie Dalberg said...

It's just like Lady BlandBland - right down to the penis between her legs...

Anonymous said...

Possibly the worst song ever recorded.

Jay said...

Beyond Fabulous! The Goddess once again blesses the undeserving with her dulcet tones!

undisco_me said...

The title alone makes me think of the panic that must ensue when Kelly Llorenna sweats her fake tan off during P.A's and the club begins to flood.

I heard the song; it's horrendous but doesn't make me think of drunk girls in clubs giving the DJ a blow job whilst their best friend rims him and her other friend steels his wallet so they can buy more E's.

Aaron said...

But I liked the older cascada stuff......

I'll get over it I think - I don't mind a change of style - I'll have to give the song a listen before I judge!

The Prophet said...

Omg what do you actually hate Cascada? Mike you have the worst taste in music and Cascada is the one of the worst artists in history, I thought you would love her to death! I honestly thought she would be your idol I was actually thinking about it today LOL. I agree that this song is actually better than her usual filth but the fact that it's ripping off tranny BlahBlah just makes it shit. The only half good part is the hook anyways. Cascada is so fucking terrible...

Anonymous said...

I want those three minutes of my life back :( what was the point in them making this song (I use the word song generously)? I was ready to scoff because I didn't think Just Dance was sufficiently unique to be ripped off but with this song Cascada has actually achieved that.

V

Jamie_movietrip said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie_movietrip said...

I'm so ashamed to say I like it a bit, Cascada is still filth who stole the AATW thrown from queen Kelly though, evil skank, her arse probably looks like channel tunnel after pulling off that coup.

Mister TJ said...

There is absolutely nothing creative about this at all. imitation may be a sign of flattery, but this is outright copying with the hide to try and pass it off as original. hated it. back to the suburbs with this cunt