Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Short Break

Just a quick note to let you all know that I'll be away from the computer for a while. I'm having an operation tomorrow and will be spending the next week in hospital. Trying to pick up a hot doctor. In the meantime, I thought I'd leave you with something bright, fun and pop trashtastic. I've been in an Olivia Newton-John kind of mood lately, so I thought I'd dust off one of the campest tunes in my collection. If you have a gay bone in your body, chances are you're already familiar with Olivia's 1975 #1 hit "Have You Never Been Mellow". That golden oldie never fails to put a smile on my face but it's a very different version of the song that I'm writing about today. Japanese Hi-NRG DJ Willie2400 remixed "Have You Never Been Mellow" a couple of years ago, transforming it into a gloriously cheesy dance anthem. It shouldn't work, and most people would argue that it doesn't, but I absolutely love it and think more of Olivia classics should be butchered for the dancefloor. Until later!

Have You Never Been Mellow (Willie 2400 Remix)

21 comments:

Poster Girl said...

I'll be thinking of you, Mike. Good luck--with the surgery and with picking up a hot doctor! I wish you a safe and drama-free recovery.

John said...

Mike, hope all goes well. I'm sure you didn't mean to insert that knitting needle in your ear while listening to the Fray.

Seth said...

Glorious song!!! i wish you a speediest recovery and the best of lucks! come back soon Mike

Robpop said...

Thinking of you. Playing Vanilla's No Way as a tribute.

Adem With An E said...

Ditto above, thinking of you love. Sorry I've been absent for so long... xoxox

Jay said...

How dare you try and steal my thunder by having an operation days after mine!

All the best and see you soon.

tommie said...

You are having your mussy tightened, aren't you?

Whore.

Camera Shy said...

Love Olivia, the Physical album is ace, Magic and Give a little more love also.. and I Need Love from the Best of is an immense production and lost classic!

Hope you have a speedy recovery x

Jamie said...

Sending lots of flaccid cock love your way ;-)

D'luv said...

Get well quickly! Can't wait to see you, post-op!

Paul said...

hope you are well. looking forward to giving you a full and thorough bed bath. i look hot in a stethoscope :)

Jamie_movietrip said...

Been thinking about you this week, Mike. Hope you're feeling better.

LOL @ Tommie!

Will be sending you some positive vibes and humming some Olivia classics as I practice my driving this afternoon in your honour.

Ro Ro said...

Hope u feel better soon. Sends u lots of love and hugs. I hope u find a snackish doctor!

will said...

Come back soon, PTA! You are missed. Hope you're feeling well. xW

Robpop said...

Yes, positive vibes...

Playing Dannii's Vibe On in your honour.

John said...

It's been too long. Come back, Shayne!

Scarlett said...

I'm a little late here, but I just wanted to say - I hope everything went well!! :) Take it easy and be good to yourself! :D

Adem With An E said...

Come back!!! x

-Fab- said...

Wow it's strange I knew the french version of this song "dans ma maison au bord de l'eau" by Nicole Rieu, and u konw what Nicole & Olivia has just exactly the same voice!

the remix is nice!

T

Anonymous said...

your health cannot be more important than this blog! Come back we miss you!

Anonymous said...

If you like Olivia remixes, a fan from Spain put together some fun ones he's posted on YouTube:

Love Is Alive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfwCsOp6548

Fool County:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdIRkVZJxCw&feature=channel