Tuesday, April 08, 2008

A Club Dildo Exclusive!

I wrote a pretty scathing post about the Australian release of Dannii's "Club Disco" album last week, complaining about everything from the bonus disc to the glaring omission of the exquisite "Do You Believe Me Now". Well, it seems I opened my big mouth without knowing all the facts! Carl, the A&R Manager of Dannii's Australian label, was kind enough to contact me about my rant and explained the reasons behind the choices that were made. The visions I had of lazy record execs cynically cashing in on Dannii's devoted fanbase couldn't be further from the truth. Here's what Carl had to say:

In regards to the Roger Sanchez collaboration, we were only given rights by our overseas partner for the digital release of this track, so it’s very unfortunate but we could not include it on the physical release. A shame as it’s my favourite too but it will be an exclusive addition to the iTunes release.

Initially we were only given the rights to release a single CD (the same as the UK release minus "Do You Believe Me Now") but as I felt this was very similar to her previous "Hits & Beyond" I wanted to add ‘something’ more to make it worthwhile. After some persuading, the remix disc was born although we were limited to what we could include on the disc. The final result is a collection of Dannii and her team’s favourite remixes so I hope you like them. In addition, both the UK and Australian release of "Touch Me Like That" had an error on the listed ‘Space Cowboy Remix’ so this is the first time it’s been made physically available in this country. We’ve also included the original of "Touch Me Like That" which was not on the UK release

In a perfect world I would have loved to include all the rare, unreleased tracks that Dannii has recorded over the years but we just didn’t have access to all of them. There were certain restrictions that we couldn’t get around within the timeframe we had to work with. Although due to the overwhelming response, it’s something we will consider putting together down the line.

After clearing all that up, I took the opportunity to shamelessly dig for further details!

When is "Club Disco" being released?
The 3rd of May.

Will the Australian version have the same cover as the UK release?
It will have a similar cover to the UK release (with a bit of added ‘sparkle’) and the booklet will contain lyrics as well as some hot pics from her recent photo shoots.

Will there be a single - be it digital or radio? "I Will Come To You" or "Xanadu" would be amazing choices!
There will not be a new single, digital or physical at this stage although if the overseas label or a punter (hint, hint) sends us a good remix of one of the tracks, we’d definitely consider a single release down the line.

Will Dannii bother to promote "Club Disco" now that she's back in Australia for Australia's Got Talent?
Dannii will be performing on a couple of TV shows whilst she is here as well as some radio spots and an array of press interviews - so there will be no shortage of all things ‘Dannii’ over the coming months. (Dannii is rumoured to be performing "Xanadu") on the It Takes Two Finale on the 22nd of April - Mike).

Can you please change the title to "Club Dildo"?
As for your suggestions regarding the title…I’m sure we’d sell more copies and get more media attention that way…if Dannii notices we could put it down to an embarrassing typo. I’ll put it forward in the production meeting!

36 comments:

Trashtastic Aussie said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA @ THE FINAL QUESTION!

I love you Mike! Lets have babies! xx

Anonymous said...

wot?! nathansayz says it will B released on 19 april and hes never wrong!!1!

Anonymous said...

Maybe while promoting it on AGT, Dannii can have a 'microphone problem' and say Club Dildo.

Anonymous said...

This is the most exciting post you've made in months! I'm seriously buzzing at the thought of getting my dainty fingers on my copy of Club Dildo!

:D :D :D

Anonymous said...

the nude dude on the 3rd cover looks way fit.

Johnny D said...

Fantastic! I haven't been this excited to get my hands on a Dildo in ages!

Anonymous said...

Lmao. I absolutely love danni and your halarious blog! As soon as I read the first paragraph I HAD to get myself a voddi and sit down to enjoy the rest of the serving...I bet you raelly would have liked to rip into the A&R Manager to tell him what for! Club Dildo sounds like heaven! love it xox....Paul, Warabrook xox

Matt said...

OMG!!! I just spat out my drink, those covers!!!

Can't wait to own this!!!

Robpop said...

Oh my fucking yes!

I want this now! Club Dildo! Great great great article Mike.

Will you yourself provide the lube that comes with the Dildo? It could be called "Neon Spit".

Mike said...

Hi Natty - I hope you will publicise "Club Dildo" on your fabulous new blog! I've been racking my brains all night thinking who we can bribe to remix "I Will Come To You"!!

Don't lie, Johnny! I know you better than that!

Hey Paul, how's it going? I'm sure you'll love the album if you haven't heard it already. I'm getting excited and I've been listening to it non-stop since last year!

Rob, I'll do whatever it takes for Dannii to scrape into the top 100 again even it it involves handing out dildos and lube on Oxford St at lunch time!

BTW, there are so many anonymous comments. Is Blogger stuffed - yet again?

Peibols said...

AMAZING!!

But you only look for australian fans!

Why didn't you ask about Spanish release??

And yes, Club Dildo could be more effective.

:)

Me said...

Such a fabulous interview! I might even buy the physical release now.

BruDé said...

*Dancing around singing DYBMN*

So, if I understand correctly, all the mess is (yet) AATW's fault ? I can't wait for the to drop Dannii, so she can go all the way to Perez Hilton new music label. This would be the end of the dark period for us fans.

The guy at CSR seems to care about Dannii, and I don't complain about what we'll have. Club Dildo is an excellent album!

I hope the cover with the carrot will be the official one. They could add a remix of Vibe On on the bonus disc too. As long as she don't do again the Neon Night mash-up to promote it !!

Jamie_movietrip said...

Oh my! LOL. I loved it, I will import this as soon as it's released. Club Dildo is a much better title, and I am very pleased about the remix disc. I can't wait for Miss Dannii's promotion to begin, perhaps Carl could arrange for a wardrobe malfunction or a fabulous Kylie duet with an infamous mic toss to boost sales.

Paul said...

And that my friend tops my honey and mustard chicken pasta as the highlight of my day. It's something the bastion of journalism The Sun would check out and then report in Bizarre "Dannii to make australian sex album" shocker type headline. Fingers crossed...

Miss Halliwell said...

hahahhahaha oh fuck! i have just pissed myself as all geriatrics do...

Seeing as Dannii's label are loving your blog...Do they know of my I Want Banged Tonight song? (you know the I Can't Sleep At Night thingie)...Just wondering when the writ will hit the fan!

I am looking forward to Club Dildo...Maybe a pulsating new track called 'Touch My Twat' with Jason Nevins would be a great addition?

hahahhaah

Oh i love this blog Mike...Love to Dannii's label...you really are hob nobbing with the famous now...don't forget about me dear!

Miss H
x

Miss Halliwell said...

I Will Come ON You...would be more appropriate my little koala! LOL

Johnny_d said...

Oh my god, the thought of all those Spanish gays waving around their own "Dildo"s is too much for me to handle. I'm having heart palpitations and I am gonna call in sick for work!

Trashtastic Aussie said...

I've just done a post on Club Dildo on my new blog Mike xx I'm so excited. I've been having Danniigasms since this post went up yesterday.

Jamie said...

Would Dannii consider giving away a wall mountable dildo with every purchase? I'm sure she would love to 'give' something back to her fans. I for one would love to chip my teeth to the delights of Dannii's club classics.

Acer (Alex) Always said...

Awesome and informative little interview. Great covers as well.. :-P

As for the Australian physical release of Club Dildo (wonderful name btw) did you post any preorder links? Just curious (plus it saves me time too) ^.^

tommie said...

LOL @ Dannii's label loving this blog. How random!

D'luv said...

I just went into my iTunes and changed the album title to Club Dildo on my iPod...then I shoved the it down my pants.

Cyber said...

A compilation called Club Dildo would be perfect for Dannii, not just because it details her vast collection, but the promotion opportunities are endless! Dannii could rope in Kylie to recreate 2girls1cup, Dannii could pursuade Naythensez to recreate goatse (if you haven't seen goatse, google it) etcetera, etcetera.

Mike said...

Thanks for all the comments! Just quickly:

Paola - CS don't release internationally so I think we should start protesting Blanco y Negro to release it to go with the stunning Spanish edition of HTGD!

Deirdre - you should send some of your demos to CS! "(I'm A) Filthy Mental Bitch" has club smash written all over it!

Jamie - LOL at the wall mountable dildo!

Acer - I'll post the pre-order links as soon as Club Dildo is listed.

Stu said...

I had the most horrid day and then I come home and read this and it's all gone and washed away by sunshiny dildos - thanks!!! =)

Me said...

I love how certain DanDroids have taken this fabulous post and stuck it on various forums WITHOUT giving you credit, while at the same time at the Droid collective are branding you a "hayahataa11111" and ramming themselves up the fleshlight of nafensayz...

Mike said...

Welcome Stu!

Yeah Jay, I noticed that myself. I'm happy for them to post my "Club Dildo Exclusive" (LOL!) all over the internet but it would be nice if they acknowledged where the info came from.

Adem With An E said...

Club Dildo. That is up there with "Holidannii" as the most genius things to ever be posted on the INTERNUTS. Mike, this is why I love you so.

I too have changed my iTunes title for the album.

It is now confirmed that I will attending a taping of Dannii's Got Talent on May the 1st... Maybe I can ask her about Club Dildo then?

Johnny D said...

In other news Perez Hilton reports that Kylie's X debuts on the US charts. Its a #139 Smash Hit. It sold 5500 copies.

Thats on par with Dannii's Unleashed sales!

Tommy said...

Club Dildo lol, I love it! :D Thanks for the update Mike. A new Dannii release, what better way to pleasure ones self with..

Martin said...

Very nice Job!

Adult Toys said...

That's awesome. I'm so glad you started blogging and that I can call you my friend. Keep posting and I'll keep reading.

Dildos said...

Nice post. Really I liked it.

Thanks

James Addison said...

Wow!its wondering.I like very much...Thanks...
Sex toys

dildo said...

I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it.Cheers for the info!!!! & This is the perfect blog for anyone who wants to know about this topic. You know so much its almost hard to argue with you