Monday, March 10, 2008

Can't Sing A Different Song

Pop trash favourite Ricki-Lee releases the third single from her fabulous "Brand New Day" album on Saturday. Ms Coulter took her career to a whole new level in 2007, scoring top 5 hits with "Can't Touch It" and "Love Is All Around". It was always going to be hard to live up to flawless pop of that calibre but "Can't Sing A Different Song" comes very close. After the pure pop detour of "Love Is All Around", Ricki-Lee returns to her soulful roots with "Can't Sing A Different Song". Similar in sound to "Can't Touch It", the track is another expertly produced call to the dancefloor showcasing Ricki-Lee's powerhouse vocals. It's not as instant as the previous singles from "Brand New Day" but it is a grower and has a contemporary edge missing from a lot of homegrown pop.

The video for "Can't Sing A Different Song" (below) is a typically classy affair that finds our favourite diva wandering around a carpark with some very dodgy dancers. It's a lot of fun and Ricki-Lee looks amazing. I'm sick of the fat jibes - the woman is smokin' hot! If you need any further proof watch this amazing clip of Ricki-Lee singing "Summer Nights" with some has-been tennis player on "It Takes Two". Now that's quality viewing! Hopefully "Can't Sing A Different Song" will be another substantial hit. I'm yet to hear it on the radio but Ricki-Lee's current tour should give it a boost. Remember to buy or download your copy this Saturday!

7 comments:

Natty said...

I heart the tres-dodgy dancers. I went to ITT last week, poor Chloe squealed out in dispare as it was announced Ricki-Lee was leaving. I dunno if it got picked up by the TV cameras though.

BruDé said...

Ricki-Lee is LOVE !!!! I want her to come to Canada !

duanemoody.com said...

I wish there were more love for Ricki-Lee in the US; this album is just great!

Mike said...

Natty - I'm so jealous! I saw your sexy snaps from ITT on FlopPop. You get more ravishing every time I see you! I'm not sure I can be bothered with the show after Ricki-Lee's departure. I guess I'll keep watching it for the highly sexual Jade Macrae.

Brude - I agree. Ricki-Lee is love! She's getting a UK and Japanese release, maybe Canada is next!

Hey Duane - I think "Brand New Day" is fantastic. Perhaps one too many mid tempo jams but it's really solid. I can imagine something like "Can't Sing A Different Song" or "Can't Touch It" doing well in the US. Spread the Ricki-Lee love on your amazing blog!

Natty said...

Mike, I know you're gonna smack me, but I'm gonna be in Sydney from the 27th-30th of March! Me and a friend randomly decided to fuck up there because Delta is doing some showcase thingo. I demand a drink and listening to craptacular Aussie tunes at Stonewall or somewhere.

Mike said...

I can't believe you're travelling interstate to see Dulta! (*vomits*) There should be laws against it! Of course we can meet up. I'll send you a message on FP xx

Courtney Act said...

I heart Ricki-lee. She has managed to capture a totally non-australian produced sounds, and her vocals are so hot. Reminds me of Beyonce in Work It Out.