Friday, January 18, 2008

2 Very Trashy Girls!

I've been obsessed with 2 Girls ever since my lovely friend Lexy sent me the link to their jaw-droppingly craptastic "Fallin' Angels" video clip (below). I was immediately smitten by the tacky production and incompetent "special effects", not to mention their disturbingly robotic vocals and tragic dancing ability. However, I became seriously hooked when I realised that these stunning divas were the daughters of Z-grade movie icon Judy Landers and thus, nieces of the delightful Audrey Landers - one of my favourite 80s pop stars! Lindsey and Kristy obviously inherited their phenomenal talent from the Landers' family gene pool but they still have a lot to learn from their fierce mother and auntie (pictured above). Where is the obligatory faux lesbian Playboy photoshoot for Landers siblings? The wooden acting? The fabulously inane lyrics about Spanish beaches? With their indisputable pedigree, I have no doubt 2 Girls will display all of these endearing qualities in their next big budget extravaganza and I, for one, can not wait!


Learn more about these goddesses on their Myspace. Unfortunately I can't find a lot of information about the release of "Fallin' Angels". It appears the lovely ladies have released an album exclusive to US Target stores and American iTunes but there are no details regarding an international version. If anyone knows where I get an MP3 of this masterpiece, I would be eternally grateful! The fabulousness of 2 Girls has inspired me to work on a post about Audrey Landers. Stay tuned!

16 comments:

tommie said...

THAT WAS THE GREATEST THING. EVER.

Maybe they could join Dante's Cove as a pair of lesbian sister witches to further their careers? The special effects in the video reminded me of that show!

I love the bit at 11-12 seconds in where one of the girls fall down off a chair in the sky for not reason. And the tags are amazing too: GrooveCoverage Cascada DHT MariahCarey Rihanna Madonna Sugarbabes Fergie KellyClarkson BrittanySpears HillaryDuff

tommie said...

Hey! I found their MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/2GirlsMusic

You might also want to check out their respective Internet Movie Database pages - it seems like they've been on there adding stuff themselves, lol!

Robpop said...

OGAWD1!!!!

I LOVE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!

And pop royalty too!

It reminds me of Angelle!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2KpnnZ9G7yo

with a bit of my icon of the moment

VICKY SILVERSTEDT!

(CHECK THIS OUT MIKE!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jCjzEKgywdA
)

ITS CALLED PARTYLINE!

Mike said...

Thanks for the Myspace link, Tommie! It's clearly easier to find info on them when you know the correct band name - 2Girlz indeed! I'm even more shocked that Judy Landers has a Myspace and is playing Barbra Streisand's "Superman" as her theme song - LOL! I love them so much right now I'm on the verge of a trashgasm!

tommie said...

... to make them even MORE trashy, they seem not only to have a semi-career, but they also seem to have an alter-ego persona group called "Cardinal Sin" that make Britney-bashing songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu2ay7e3W-Q

http://www.MySpace.com/CardinalSinRock

I'm becoming slightly obsessed!

duanemoody.com said...

I'm just glad it isn't THOSE 2 girls... If you know what I mean.

Jamie said...

This is slag-tastic trash at it's best. I bet it was either pop or prostiution for these two. Then again this is no more than pop prostitution. I love the dirty feeling this gives me. Another guilty pleasure Mike.

MaryCherry said...

I honestly thought you had raided my mum's 1987 holiday snaps for that picture.

These girls are so unbelievably shit that it's genius!

I LOVE IT!

tommie said...

I found the album on Bittorrent: http://www.mininova.org/tor/900926

I feel a bit bad for stealing this work of art, but if they can't make it available internationally they just have themselves to blame!

Mike said...

Jamie & Aaron, I'm glad you approve! 2 Girls are so utterly craptastic they take my breath away.

Thanks for the link Tommie! Can't wait to hear their other stunning anthems!

Anonymous said...

Those 2 Girls rock, you dumb bitches. 2 Girls suck, and not in a good way. :P

Mike said...

I don't even know who "Those 2 Girls" are!

Lexy said...

Wow it seems I've found a goldmine with this group <3

Is it wrong that there name reminds me of "2girls 1 cup?"...

Robpop said...

Those2Girls were a failed girlband featuring Denise Van Outen ;-) They released a single called Wanna Make You Go Uuh! which was about the male orgasm (as the title suggests).

Mike said...

Yes Lexy, my dear, you are on to a winner! Your taste <3 !!!

Rob, you had me at Denise Van Outen.

Nasty G said...

Goodness! This IS pure crap heaven!! And it seems that the girls inherited their mom and aunt's many 'talents'. Really, the Landers sisters possessed too much sweet trash to be contained, so it's no wonder these girls are the run-off. Can't wait for the inevitable 'secret' sex tapes!