Friday, November 23, 2007

Love Is All Around

I was absolutely delighted to see Ricki-Lee's latest single debut at #5 in last week's ARIA singles chart. I've been championing "Love Is All Around" since the release of "Brand New Day" and it gives me great satisfaction to know that the song has found an appreciative audience. Even more surprising than the top 5 chart placing was the fact that "Love Is All Around" debuted at #1 on physical sales - ahead of Kylie's "2 Hearts" (which reached #1 overall due to stronger download sales). That is a phenomenal achievement for a pure pop track released on an independent label. It's also very well deserved. Ricki-Lee's sparkling cover of "Love Is All Around" is bright, shiny pop of the highest order. With any luck the song's success will reignite interest in the hugely underrated album, which, rather bizarrely, is being re-released with Ricki-Lee's first album included as a bonus disc! Now that's what I call value! You can buy "Love Is All Around" from Chaos or download it from iTunes. Make sure you check out the cheap but very cheerful video clip (below). Ricki-Lee looks gorgeous and I love the fact that she invited her fans to appear in the video (they're the group of really bad dancers who appear at approximately 2 minutes). This is vintage, hands in the air POP!

12 comments:

J'ason D'luv said...

I wish it was a cover of DJ Bobo's "Love Is All Around." Now that was jam...

Mike said...

That's crazy talk! DJ Bobo is the anti-christ!

Zac said...

Hey PTA,

Have u seen the un-edited version with 2 guys kissing at the end?

Zac

Jamie said...

Ooh I love this! It's a great upbeat anthem and she looks like a game bird.

Mike said...

Hi Zac, yeah I have seen that version in clubs but I couldn't find the link on youtube :(

Hi Jamie, glad you like it. Ricki-Lee really is a game bird! LOL

Zac said...

Midnight Shift Downstairs?? hehe: Here is the link if you want it,

Zac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOKrJzDbMbY

BruDé said...

Great little pop song ! Nothing to think about, just plain and good fun ! I love it !

AcidJasmine said...

YAY! 2 boys kiising at the end. YAY Ricki-Lee!

AcidJasmine said...

YAY for Ricki-Lee. 2 boys kissing!

Claire said...

See, basically, I'm still waiting for our MSN chat, however, I am heartened to see somehow we're TOP OF THE LINKS! How did that happen!

(Alyson pads so that the fact that her website has devoted 3 and a bit years to devoting time to stabbing Ricki Lee with scissors passes sweetly)

Alyson

Mike said...

Sorry Alyson, I've been crazy busy over the past few days. However, our MSN rendez-vous is still very much a priority!

duanemoody.com said...

I love Ricki-Lee, and am glad that she split from the Young Divas... as my friend Stu put it, she knew she could do it better on her own; and she did!