Friday, September 07, 2007

Konichiwa Bitches - Australian Release

Expect an outbreak of Robyn-mania when the Swedish pop diva releases her first Australian single since 2003 on the 15th of September. "Konichiwa Bitches" has been an internet phenomenon since its Swedish release, so it's a smart choice to kickstart Robyn's Australian campaign. The record company has wisely coupled the hip hop anthem with "Cobrastyle", a song which better reflects Robyn's underlying pop sensibility. The tracklisting has been announced and there is at least one exciting surprise:

1. Konichiwa Bitches
2. Cobrastyle
3. Konichiwa Bitches (Trentemellor Remix)
4. Cobrastyle (Muscles Remix)
5. Konichiwa Bitches (Clean)


All of the songs have previously appeared on international versions of the single, except track 4, "Cobrastyle (Muscles Remix)". Muscles is possibly Australia's hottest DJ at the moment, recently scoring a huge dance hit with "Ice Cream". I can't wait to hear his take on "Cobrastyle"!

You can order "Konichiwa Bitches/Cobrastyle" from Chaos. In the meantime, check out the amazing "Konichiwa Bitches" film clip here.

5 comments:

tommie said...

Funnily enough, I remember seeing Konichiwa Bitches lurking around the lower ends of the Australian iTunes electronic/dance chart at the time Dannii's HTGD single was released (I checked iTunes obsessively to see if it would turn up - it never did! lol). Doubt it will outpeak the Queen of Fabulousness though!

Trash Addict said...

I remember that too - strangely "Konichiwa Bitches" is now nowhere to be seen on Aus iTunes. It must have been pulled until the physical single is released. I hope it's as stunningly successful as "He's The Greatest Dancer"!

Robpop said...

I think i need this!!!

OOOOOH MY!!! so many new mixes!

New b-sides, new mixes!!! Last night Robyn held a party :( I was invited but couldnt go. PJ is creaming about it at the moment.

AS such i am drenching myself in shitty yet wonderful spanish pop. I am also NOT going to the gig tonight either at the Bush.

:-(

But this is great Robyn news!

Adem IAR said...

Yeah "Konichiwa Bitches" got HEAVY airplay on Triple J earlier this year, just before the UK release of it actually.

Secured my tix for her Melb show next Sunday and am VERY. EXCITED. I shall definitely report back.

Oh, before I forget Mr PTA, yes we must have a drink and discuss God's chosen Minogue the next time you are down in Melbourne!

Trash Addict said...

I can't wait for the tour either. I'm really interested to see what she performs. It's a ridiculous venue too - I'm guessing she could squeeze 80 people into the Art Factory on a good day! Oh and it's a date!