Sunday, April 22, 2007

Dannii's Astonishing Chart Success!

Dannii has set the Australian charts on fire with "He's The Greatest Dancer", which debuts this week at a lofty number 37! This is a fantastic achievement for a dance song without a video clip that has been leaked for almost a year. "He's The Greatest Dancer" is also Dannii's 8th consecutive top 40 hit, which reinforces Holidannii's standing as one of Australia's most successful pop divas!

A big thanks to Magical Froggy for the fabulous artwork. Make sure to check out Dannii's Dirty Box later in the week when I will try to answer this perplexing conundrum: Who is more loathsome - the delusional Dannii droids who populate the Dannii Board or the anti-droids who take every opportunity to criticise and mock everything that Dannii does or achieves? Life as a Danniiholic is never easy...

6 comments:

Jamie_movietrip said...

Good for Dannii! I can't think of any songs that would make the UK Top without a video, so I should imagine this is quite an achievment for dear old Dannii!

Miss Halliwell said...

Conundrum solved : Board Droids are totally anally retentive bots! They think Dan has a crystal clitoris and can't take the fun ribbings which we enjoy!

Any TRUE Dannii fan would realise that Dan loves a good prodding!

Personally i am astonished that Dannii has broken into the Oz charts again! The song lacks Dan's usual 'oomph'. Maybe a video with a Drag King, some Love Kylie knickers and Julian McMahon would do the trick again...

Or perhaps not.

Trash Addict said...

He's The Greatest Dancer has grown on me a lot. All the song needed was the cheapest of video clips and a couple of new mixes or a B-side. I'm actually surprised by how well it has performed!

Miss Heide Von Binterschlappen said...

$ucce$$! Though I'm surprised it made the Top 40 at all...

So by Dannii's standards, it would be a minor hit but it just seems to show that the OZ Public isn't really that interested in Dannii as a an artist despite the massive exposure of DWTS & AGT.

She really needs to get her arse in gear and come out with an absolute stomper of an album complete with intensive promo (a la NN era)instead of going back down the route of doing occasional singles that don't do much and end up being tagged onto albums / hits collections...

I am still waiting for my copy to arrive from the lovely ebayer who I purchased it from.

Zac said...

Dannii's board fans are so uncool

Robpop said...

Personally I think its actually the choice of songs. Firstly, I've never liked it and it doesn't lend itself to radio airplay.

The Sister Sledge track Lost In Music does and would have been a much better song to cover. It would work for dannii on oh so many levels.

"I'm lost in music...responsibility...to me is a tragedy..I'll get a job some other time"


Is this not Dannii put to lyrics?

P.S "I Quit my 9 to 5..."