Thursday, March 01, 2007

Retro Dannii Remixes

Dannii's Dirty Box is slowly coming to an end and I realise that I haven't paid enough attention to the early years of Dannii's brilliant career. I have collected a handful of early remixes, which will give new fans some indication of Dannii's fabulous roots and remind old fans of Dannii's brilliance.

"Everything I Wanted" was the second single from "Girl". Sadly, it is probably the worst song on the album and basically killed the entire project. The single version was pretty dire but the Xenomania remix is a reminder of how good that outfit used to be.

One of the highlights of Dannii's second album, "Get Into You", is undoubtedly "This Is The Way". In fact, it's still one of my favourite Dannii singles. "The Cool 7" Version" is better yet!

"Success" is a song that is near and dear to all Dannii fans. Here is one of the better remixes.

Dannii is an undisputed master of cover versions and one of her best is "Baby Love".

"Disremembrance" was the third single from "Girl". There are arguably better songs on "Girl" but I still love this. Particularly the "bimbo goth" video, with Dannii crying in what appears to be a graveyard. I have always enjoyed this remix.

I vaguely remember someone requesting "Hallucination". I apologise for not remembering exactly who it was. "Hallucination" was the B-side to "Jump To The Beat" in Australia and "Baby Love" in Japan. I personally think that "Hallucination" is Dannii's trashtastic opus. This song has everything - sirens, barking and Dannii throwing down some hot rhymes - against a crazy 90s house track. Something about it also reminds me of "Justify My Love", if it were covered by Ya Kid K in 1992!

7 comments:

Aline said...

Am I the only one who loves Everything I Wanted? Anyway, thank you very much for the files!!!!
Kisses!

Trash Addict said...

Aline, you are not alone. I know a lot of fans who really like "Everything I Wanted". To be honest, I like it too. I just think it was a horrible choice of 2nd single. I was certain it was going to be "So In Love With Yourself" or "Am I Dreaming?".

I'm glad you like the site!

Anonymous said...

I loved "EIW" too however they should have released the Xenomania remix as a single cut instead of the album version. I had also hoped So In Love With Yourself would also have been a single......sadly it was not to be.

BruDé said...

"slowly coming to an end" why? this blog is jus freaking cool !!!!! at last we can hear songs that everybody is waving about on the official board...

Miss Heide Von Binterschlappen said...

Everything I Wanted was too dull to be a single - though the video is stunning, but it never got played anyway - especially as a follow up to All I Wanna Do. So In Love With Yourself should have been the second single, then Disrememberance. If they were going to go with a slow plodder, the fabulous Am I Dreaming would have been the one to go for (and it suits the video for EIW too...)

And Baby Love is fabulous. Remind me to rip the Hot Tracks Mix for you at some point...

Trash Addict said...

Hi Brude - I love your Blog. It's very chic! DDB is coming to an end because the cupboard is almost bare and I only ever switched over from PTAs to honour Dannii's return to TV. It was originally only going to be for a week. Don't worry, Dannii was a regular on PTAs and I'll post new Dannii as soon as it comes my way!

Jay - I love "It's Amazing" and "So In Love With Yourself" too. They both made my Dannii top 10!

Reginald said...

Quite helpful piece of writing, much thanks for this article.
RED HOT BEEF KABOBS WITH YOGURT SAUCE