Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Falling In Love With Melinda Jackson

"Fall In Love" is one of the best Australian pop songs to be released in 2007 thus far. Melinda Jackson has produced an absolutely scorching debut single, which is frankly one hell of a surprise from a woman whose dubious claim to fame is singing backing vocals for Ja Rule on his Australian tour. Melinda first came to my attention when she provided vocals for a craptastic cover of Fleetwood Mac's "Everywhere". The song was a massive dance hit and Melinda performed it in every shopping mall and nightclub across Australia. I was excited to hear that she had recorded a solo single but didn't expect it to be this good. I have been playing "Fall In Love" on repeat for the past couple of weeks and I still can't get enough of it. The song is everything I love about music. It's catchy, poptastic and vaguely ridiculous!

As a general rule, I never post the radio edit or single version of a freshly released song. It's just not fair to the artist or their record company. This is really frustrating because I want everyone to immerse themselves in the magic of Melinda Jackson's "Fall In Love". The remixes are great but they don't convey the original's fabulous bubblegum pop sound. However, I have found a nice compromise with the "Fall In Love (Radio Rap)", which is only slightly different from the radio edit.

Make sure you check out the astoundingly resourceful video which is a great example of how to make a striking clip without a huge budget. Melinda also has a glamorous Myspace which is worth visiting. Melinda says she's working on an album and I can't wait to hear it. You can purchase this stunning pop anthem from Chaos, Sanity and iTunes.


Zac said...

Hey Stud,
Do you like Brielle Davis?

Trash Addict said...

It's so weird that you say - I do like Brielle and have been thinking of making a post about her for some time. The remixes of her latest single are hot!

BruDé said...

Hey, Love Melinda !!!! The cover for that single is just fierce :D Why don't you send her over here ?

Trash Addict said...

I love the cover too - but they should have put her face on there somewhere! I can't wait for her album, it should be fantastic.

Robpop said...

I loved that cover of Everywhere.

I couldn't put my tongue on it but fall in love sounds like a Infernal track. You know thats a very good thing. A very very very good thing.

One thing though Mike, never swear on your blog. I don't want to see it. Really: won't you think of my eyes and the children we're about to have! I mean seriously! Never EVER say the words Ja Rule.

Does she actually say Tehran? Is this the first time the Iranian song has appeared in a pop song. This is a very good thing is not? Very now! Every time I play this song now I think of british soldiers being probed by Iranian pop tarts.

I love this blog.

Trash Addict said...

It's nice to have you back. Did you spend all night trolling my tragic Blog? Bless your heart! Sorry for swearing - but it's hardly my fault if Melinda chose to sing for that cunt! You will notice that I didn't even mention the evil troll Melinda most recently sang backing vocals for!

Anonymous said...

Melinda's Next Single "MAGIC" can be previewed on the iSPY Records P/L Myspace:

It is a dream of this label's and of Melinda's to have appealed to the gay audience. We are so very pleased with ourselves right now!!!


iSPY Crew

Trash Addict said...

"Magic" is fantastic! It's very 80s without sounding tired or derivative. It reminds me a bit of Gwen Stefani's "The Real Thing". I can't wait to hear the mixes. If these songs are any indication, Melinda's album should be an absolute knockout!