Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Closing Dannii's Box

The time has finally come to close Dannii's Dirty Box. I originally intended to make the switch from Pop Trash Addicts for only a couple of days in order to honour Dannii's return to television, but was soon caught up in the unprecedented tidal wave of Dannii-mania that swept through Blogland! I have really enjoyed exploring the nooks and crannies of Dannii's fabulous career and am proud of the amount of material I was able to get through. I posted several rare tracks, celebrated Dannii's stunning acting career, irrefutably proved that Dannii is the ultimate gay icon, lovingly remembered Dannii's nude modelling days, appreciated her lesbian ways and showed some love to Dannii's early releases!

However, there were several bumps along the way. I was deluged with hate-mail from the Dannii Board, received threats of legal action, was IP banned from Dannii's forum and from SayHey (yet again) and received abusive messages from Robpop fans. All in all, it has been an eventful few weeks! I need to thank Tommie, Jay, Rob, Brian and MoistSexBox for all of the great material they have very generously shared with me.

I would just like to take this chance to remind people that there is no excuse for not completing your Dannii collection. Dannii's early material is still quite easy to find on Australian Ebay, while her later output is available at every quality online retailer. There is absolutely no excuse for Australian fans not to own "The Hits & Beyond", as it is currently on sale at JB Hi-Fi and HMV for $10. It's the bargain of the decade! Just make sure you get a copy with the bonus DVD.

I will be back in a few days with a re-vamped Pop Trash Addicts. If you are not familiar with my old Blog, check out the archives. Dannii is a regular and I promise to post new Dannii material as soon as I receive it. Expect to see music by other international superstars like Melissa Tkautz, Kelly Llorenna, Nicki French, La Toya Jackson, Marcia Hines and Laura Imbruglia in the very near future. I hope you have all enjoyed Dannii's Dirty Box as much as I have!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

so what if you're harassed by people. they can't do physical harm anyway. we love dannii's dirty box so don't close it.

Semi said...

thats shittey! i love Danniis Dirty Box!! :(

Rao said...

I loved your dannii especial! Please do a Latoya one in the near future too!

Anonymous said...

bless your wee cotton sox! i added you to my favourites folder weeks ago. it's been a great read & I eagerly aniticipate your future posts

i'm sorry that it's caused you a few headaches along the way. thank god you survived Star Wars Episode 11 "Attack of the Droids." I'm sure it's only made you stronger...

there have been quite a few posts of support on the droid-board for dannii's dirty box. every time someone comments - it goes straight back to the top of the posts for more people to see - that's how i found your blog

thank you for your gynaecological insights into dannii's dirty box - i think we've all had the opportunity to view dannii from a different perspective!!!

con

BruDé said...

thanks for everything :) Dannii needed a blog like yours !!!

Miss Heide Von Binterschlappen said...

I sall be sad too see Dannii's Dirty Box gone. I can't believe that they had the cheek to givr you an IP ban from the DroidForum!Nevermind because we enjoyed DDB and all the fun that came with it. Plus PTA will be able to celebrate Dannii releasing HTGD in OZ!

Trash Addict said...

Thanks everyone. I have a feeling Dannii's box will re-open in one form or another when I get my hands on some new material. I might open a separate Blog!

Alex said...

I must just say THANK YOU!! I am not quite sure how I stumbled into Dannii's Dirty Box (hehe) but I am happier for it. Before seeing all this, I knew very little about Dannii's career (or trip loving image) These Neon Nights B-Sides are wonderful! As are the older tracks (Coconut!!)

To be honest, the Say-Hey people get way too sensitive about.. well damn near everything. That is why it took me a long time to find the B-sides from Body Language in CD quality due to the fact they didn't have anyone posting them... It isn't like I could have walked into any odd record store here in the US and just purchased the latest Kylie single (at the time) The IP ban is just a foolish thing to do to you. If you do continue Dannii's Dirty Box, I know a lot of us will definitely be happy. It is great to see new perspectives when reading (or talking) about who and what we love.

Now I need to go scouring around eBay and online importers to catch up on Dannii's catalog.

Robpop said...

A separate blog! Call it Dannii'sLostDongs! Or just DanniisDongs.

Hmmm, this is very sad. I loved Dannii's Box. Perhaps it was just too damn dirty for you Mike. For all of us. One day the citizens of a future world will look at Dannii and examine the lyrics of Party Jam and Vibe On as the pinnacle of the twenty first century. DDB will be the skanky shroud that the scholars use and generally abuse.

As for the pulava thats surrounded this little epic journey into the the nooks of Dannii...what can i say but at least I met my long lost poptwin. Even if he is rather restricted by his willingness to upstage the Ultimate Kylie stage during Your Disco Needs You....

MaryCherry said...

OMG Dannii's dirty box needs its own blog - it is more fabulous even than La Toya's Sexbox and that's pretty hot!

mark said...

thank god DDB is still up. i love it!

i don't think Sarah would approve of Miss Heide Von Binterschlappen's link to 'that vile whore's' forum. LMAO!