Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Neon Nights: The B-sides

I have already returned to the deep well of the "Neon Nights" sessions several times for one simple fact - they generated an amazing quantity of stunning pop music. I assume that everyone already owns a copy of "Neon Nights". If you don't it is your duty as a pop fan to order one today. The album is sublime, the leaked tracks have been dynamite and the B-sides are top shelf pop. No wonder Dannii had so much trouble deciding what to put on the album, the sheer volume of excellent music is positively overwhelming.

I have already posted "Est-ce que tu m'aimes encore?", which was the "I Begin To Wonder" B-side in France. The other B-sides are just as outstanding. I've included "Hide & Seek", "Nervous", "Goodbye Song" and the excellent "Neon Nights Megamix" for your listening pleasure. I have also thrown in "Don't Wanna Lose This Groove (Extended Bootleg Mix)" for the lovely Jeroen. It is the best recording Madonna has been involved in since the late 80s. I think my personal favourite is "Nervous", which shows Dannii at her fierce and fabulous best.

7 comments:

Miss Heide Von Binterschlappen said...

Don't Wanna Lose This Groove is the best mash-up ever! It is the track that got me to buy Neon Nights

I don't like the NN b-sides though...

Trash Addict said...

Sweetheart, you have likened Neon Nights to a putrid burst of flatulence. So, I'm not surprised you don't like the B-sides!

Personally, I love everything about Neon Nights. It would definitely make my top 10 favourite albums list. Tezza must be so proud of IDWLTF - it's a pop masterpiece!

Miss Heide Von Binterschlappen said...

I have not! It was only the abysmal Come And Get It that I likened to Eau Du JANFT...

I think NN was #74 on my list... I can't remember exactly but it was one place below the fabulous State Of Mind

Ro Ro said...

I really love Dannii but her albums before were few and far between i loved every track on Neon lol This in my opinion was her at her best. Thanks for sharing these b-sides!

Trash Addict said...

I love Dannii's early stuff too but I agree that Neon Nights took Dannii to a whole new level. Glad you like the B-sides!

Ro Ro said...

Oh i loved dannii's early work she was actually on a dance hits usa comp long ago when rupaul had super model out..i recalled seeing her last name and been in rapture ever since.lol the funny thing was she never had any albums out over here. i wont talk your ear off but i do love u putting all this up here for me to ravish!! thanks

Perceval said...

I completely agree with everything you have printed here.
weather in Ireland | edit videos | le Quebecois