Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Man Behind Dannii - Terry Ronald

Rogers & Hammerstein, Kander & Ebb, Gilbert & Sullivan - all come to mind when you think about the great songwriting partnerships of the last century. It is only a matter of time before Terry Ronald & Dannii Minogue join this illustrious company in acknowledgement of their breathtaking contribution to modern music. Anyone who has ever ventured into the murky waters of the Dannii Forum will know Terry Ronald as Tezza. We all love Tezza for providing us insight into Dannii's glamorous existence. Dannii's demented cyber world would feel empty without him.

Most fans will be familiar with the songs that Tezza has written for artists as diverse as Dannii, Sheena Easton and Bananarama. However, Terry's fabulous career as a failed popstar is less well known. I love Tezza's floptastic debut album, which is worth hunting down for the amazing "Calm The Rage". Isn't the lovely floral single cover just so GAY? One of Terry's more obscure works is the "Studio Sessions" from 1990, which I believe was originally only pressed on 10" vinyl and given away at concerts. The album is rather lovely, showcasing Tezza's magnificent white soul vocals. Mick Hucknall eat your heart out! Jay was kind enough to share the album with me and I have uploaded a couple of songs for your listening pleasure.

13 comments:

Miss Halliwell said...

I wouldn't mind having Tezza's dong slapped about my face at some point!

Trash Addict said...

You're always such a lady, Deirdre!

That said, I'd ride Tezza's pony!

Miss Halliwell said...

Aaaw, i've never been called a Lady before! I had to look it up in the dick-tionary LOL

Jamie_movietrip said...

Terry's duet with Sheena Easton is perhaps one of the greatest gems from her Fabulous CD! He makes her sound so butch though!

Trash Addict said...

I love every song Tezza contributed to Fabulous. It's such a classy album!

As far as Sheena's butchness - I've always thought she has a touch of the lezz about her. She needs to get together with Dannii!

Robpop said...

Tezza is a bit of a star.

Didnt Dannii say he had dick cancer during the "So Under Pressure" promotion? In interviews she said the song was about Terry's and Kylies bouts and battles with the C-word. And it all made Dannii very upset.

Miss Heide Von Binterschlappen said...

I think Tezza sounds like a cross between George Michael and Boy George. IIRC he was one of the hundred co-writers of the Beyond Fabulous Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling. I'd love him to do a duet with Dannii - it would be a #74 smash!

Trash Addict said...

Yeah, poor Tezza has been unwell - putting Dannii so under pressure. I hope he's fully recovered because he needs to pull his finger out and write Dannii a #1 hit!

Jay, I would love to hear Danny & Terry sing a duet. Have you heard his duet with Sheena?

Miss Halliwell said...

Tezza should produce a Dannii fabulous remix of Yoko Ono's 'Open Your Box'....sing along now girls..."Open Your Box...Open your Legs"

Dannii all over!

Miss Heide Von Binterschlappen said...

I haven't heard Fabulous yet, despite me shamelessly promoting it and The Lover In Me at some other random forum...

I found a seller on GEMM who claims to have the original 10" vinyl for sale! I'm sorely tempted to buy it...

Trash Addict said...

I'd be surprised if Fabulous was ever released on vinyl. Maybe as a DJ promo or something. I love Fabulous because it is such a shameless grab for the pink dollar. It's very trashy and tragic - two qualities that I appreciate most in music!

Miss Heide Von Binterschlappen said...

I meant the 10" Pressing of Tezza's live album... My local trashy record shop should still have a copy or two of Fabulous sitting about somewhere. I should have got a copy when I got Holly's Trashtastic State Of Mind.

Oh did you see the uber fabulous 12" I got on holiday?!? photos are in the CD/Vinyl/Tapes thread at Haven. I just couldn't resist...

Trash Addict said...

Oh, I'd love to get my hands on Tezza's 10"! Is it expensive?

I LOVE State Of Mind. Fabulous is a trash classic too.

I did see the 12". I want it! Bad!