Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Cunt Of The Week - Z Share

Z Share wins my very first "Cunt Of The Week" award! I usually find Z Share the least painful free file-sharing service but the damn thing has turned into a bigger bitch than Alexis on Dynasty. I would be eternally grateful if someone could shed some light on the many dark mysteries of Z Share.

For starters, why do links go dead for no apparent reason? I know the links die a lonely death if there are not used in 2 weeks or contravene Z Share's terms of service but why have several links expired that were uploaded less than a week ago? Stranger still, I have uploaded several songs by the same artist on the same day and some have expired and others are alive and well. So I don't see how some have contravened the terms of service, while others are upstanding cyber citizens. What's going on, Z Share?

Please tell me if you know of a better file-sharing service. Youtube expires too quickly, Rapidshare is the spawn of Satan and Megaupload is a cumbersome nightmare. If anyone wants to hear a link that has expired, let me know and I'll re-post it.


Adrian said...

Box.net seems to work well, as does filexoom.

Mind you, I've had no problem downloading anything on zShare from here today. What a choice selection! I'm looking forward to listening to them all!

Trash Addict said...

Thank you! I hope you enjoyed something from my trashy selection!

I might give Box.net a try, it looks all pretty and blue!

duckalicious said...

Some other filesharing sites include sendspace.com, and rogepost.com, and badongo.com. I've had trouble with some of your zshare links so an alternative would be wonderful!